There is a good chance that you’ve seen billboards advertising companies that buy houses in Savannah.
Sometimes they will say things like “We Buy Savannah Houses!” or “Cash for Houses”.
Are These “We Buy Houses in Savannah Companies” Credible?
Is there a way to know if the home buying companies in the area are honest and credible?
At first glance, they all look the same… let’s walk you through some characteristics you should look for in a local house buying company.
There are many ways that house buyers and sellers can benefit the community in buying and selling houses. However, just like any other profession, a minority of buyers in any market are the ones who take a hit on the rest of us.
There are people who are great, ethical people who strive to improve their hometowns one building at a time.
There are also dishonest, shady people who place their own financial interests before the well-being of their clients and would sign a contract to sell anything they wanted as long as they were making enough money.
Those people are indeed out there.
Our goal is to help you avoid these “shady house buyers” so you can work with honest, ethical, and reputable local companies that can purchase your home for a fair all-cash price and close on your timeline.
We shouldn’t focus on the negative – at least not yet.
In the first place, let’s examine what makes the best house-flippers successful.
What Reputable Savannah House Buyers Are Doing
- Giving people access to the money they need right away in order to improve their lives. A person may need to use the equity in their home to cover medical expenses or to move closer to a relative. This can be accomplished in a few days, with complete peace of mind.
- Offering the convenience of getting rid of a burdensome property without having to list it with a broker and wait months for a sale.
- Local jobs creation. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title agents, loan officers, administrators, and many other professionals. On average, 86 people are involved in the real estate transaction. Real jobs are created by our investments in Savannah GA.
- Purchasing American products. Our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers, and more employ thousands of people in the United States. It is vital that the US economy improves steadily, and that requires investment from people like us.
- Increasing the value of the neighborhoods in Savannah. The value of an entire community can be increased when a house is improved. Repairing abandoned and neglected houses into beautiful homes for families is what we do most often. Our work strengthens Savannah.
- Growing the tax base. When a new buyer takes over one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. Tax dollars pay for schools, fire, police, libraries, and other important pieces of infrastructure. Our communities are improved as a result.
It’s pretty neat stuff, huh?
Many people think of flipping houses as a way to get rich quick. Almost all of that comes from silly “reality” shows that amp up the drama, because what we do every day is really not that exciting.
Our work is centered on coordinating with lots of people and making sure things get done on time. It’s not easy keeping track of everything that’s going on.
So let’s talk about how to use the information above to determine whether someone is a credible investor and not a house buying scam artist.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local House Buyer
When you talk with a local house buyer to potentially buy your house… find out if they’re reliable, knowledgeable, and honest by answering some of the following questions.
You can ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the proudest?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Second, look for tell-tale signs of tactics that those few shady operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – Property buyers who wish to transfer ownership of your property at your house instead of a professional location, such as a closing attorney or title company, should… be leery. A reputable house buyer will close the sale at a neutral third party… a title company, for example. They do this to ensure that everything is done right.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – Be wary of anybody who tries to pressure you into selling your house and tells you that you have to make a decision today. The majority of reputable house buying services will make you an offer and keep it on the table for at least two to seven days (minimum) so you have time to decide. We at 32Homes LLC place deadlines on our offers because the market changes and values can fluctuate week-to-week based on other sales in the area, as well… When we make you an offer, we guarantee the funds to buy your house are ready and we reserve that cash for several days so if you do decide to sell, we can close on the date of your choice. Should the offer not be a good fit for you, we will divert those funds to help another seller sell their home.
A scammer usually seeks a quick score instead of a thorough interview.
Most likely, they’ll come up with an excuse to end the call and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions.
However, trustworthy investors who offer house buying services in a specific Savannah are building long-term business relationships built on trust and community engagement.
So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy houses in Savannah companies“… never be afraid to ask questions!